When you install OpenPhone, you're asked to grant OpenPhone access to your phone's address book.
Granting access has these benefits:
- You get to know when incoming OpenPhone calls and messages come from your existing contacts
- You can call and text your existing contacts without having to look up their phone number
You can use the app without granting access to your address book and, if you ever want to revoke access, it's easy!
On iOS devices
- Open "Settings"
- Find OpenPhone in your list of apps
- Turn "Contacts" OFF
On Android devices
- Go to Settings via the gear wheel icon ⚙️
- Select Apps
- Select the gear wheel icon ⚙️
- Select App permissions
- Select Contacts
- Disable OpenPhone's permission
That's it! Enjoy OpenPhone 🙌
PS - Don't have the app yet? Use the link below to install it and get started.