OpenPhone offers the best business phone tailored to meet the needs of startups, small businesses, solo founders, entrepreneurs, and teams in large organizations.
With OpenPhone, you can supercharge your business phone number to save you time and money. Below are the key features included in the standard plan:
We've made it ridiculously easy to get a phone number. Want to use your existing number on OpenPhone? We can port it over for free.
- Local US, Canadian, and toll-free numbers — There are thousands of numbers to choose from. Not sure which one to get? This post will help.
- Get as many numbers as you want — If you need multiple numbers for multiple businesses, multiple teams, or multiple regions, we've got you covered. Each extra number is $5 per month. More details here.
- Keep your existing phone number — If you want to use your existing phone number on OpenPhone, we can port it over for free. Learn more and get started here.
Call any US and Canadian number from the OpenPhone app on your mobile device or computer.
- Call recording — Record your calls or set your phone number to auto-record every call for you.
- Call routing (auto-attendant) — "Press 1 for Sales, press 2 for Support." Direct callers to the right people in your company using IVR menus, extensions, or shared numbers.
- Always know when it's a business call — OpenPhone calls have a distinct label so you can easily distinguish between business and personal calls.
- Know the context of every call — If you have multiple OpenPhone numbers, you can name them to easily distinguish which number an incoming call is for.
- Call forwarding — Forward your OpenPhone calls to any external US or Canadian phone number.
- Call waiting (iOS) — If you're on an active call and have a second call coming in, you'll be able to either reject the second call or pick it up and place the original call on hold.
- International calling — Want to be able to call anyone in the world? Now you can!
Messaging Most business phone systems offer no or limited texting. We believe that for a 2021 business phone, text messaging is key. So we built it with speed, delight, and efficiency in mind.
- SMS and MMS — OpenPhone supports SMS (text), and MMS (picture) messaging on all platforms.
- Voicemail transcription — Skim your voicemail to know what's important and what can be left for later. Snippets — Speed up your response time by creating and sending message templates for common questions.
- Auto-replies — Automatically respond to texts, missed calls or voicemail with a pre-defined message.
- Send GIFs — Via our GIPHY integration, you can send GIFs to your contacts.
- Group messaging — Send messages to multiple recipients and communicate as a group.
Manage your availability
OpenPhone helps you stay in control over when you’re available for calls or texts.
- Set your business hours — Get your sanity back by not getting work calls when you're off.
- Do Not Disturb — Get some quiet time with a tap of a button.
- Voicemail and after-hours voicemail — When you can't answer a call, greet your callers with a professional message. Set up a separate greeting for folks calling after your business hours.
Contacts (lightweight CRM)
We've enriched your typical address book with custom properties and notes so you can stay on top of your relationships easily.
- Custom properties on contacts — Add custom properties to your contacts in order to capture all information you care about.
- Leave notes on contacts — Whether you're using OpenPhone yourself or with your team, leaving notes will help you never miss a single detail.
- Google Contacts Sync — Bring your Google Contacts to OpenPhone easily.
- CSV import for contacts — Import a large number of contacts into OpenPhone using a .csv file. No need to manually add them one by one.
OpenPhone connects with tools you use to save you time and automate mundane work.
- Email — Get notified about your OpenPhone calls, messages, and voicemail via email.
- Slack — Receive OpenPhone calls, messages, and voicemail in Slack.
- Zapier — Connect your OpenPhone numbers to 3,000+ applications via Zapier. Focus on your most important priorities while OpenPhone and Zapier take care of the administrative work, reminders, and automation.
OpenPhone for Teams
We built OpenPhone to grow with you and your team.
- Shared phone numbers — It's like a shared inbox for your phone number. Everyone can call and text from the same number. Staying on the same page was never easier.
- Shared contacts — Share your business contacts with people on your team. Changes to shared contacts are instantly synced to all members.
- Give your teammates their own OpenPhone numbers — Invite your colleagues to get their business phone numbers in seconds. They can also get access to existing company-owned phone numbers.
- $10/mo per user (comes with access to 1 number), each additional phone number assignment is $5 per month
- Our Premium plan offers even more advanced options. Enterprise pricing is also available for organizations with more requirements. Send us a note to [email protected]
- 7-day free trial so you can try it out and see how you like it
OpenPhone works on all your devices. You can seamlessly call and message on your computer and mobile phone.
- OpenPhone for iOS
- OpenPhone for Android
- OpenPhone web app (no installation needed) that works on all browsers
- OpenPhone for Mac
- OpenPhone for Windows and Linux (coming soon)
- Release notes — We have a quick release cycle to meet your changing needs and grow alongside you.
- Live demo — Want to see OpenPhone in action? Join our live demo.
- Blog — We love sharing our learnings on our blog!
Sign up for a 7-day free trial and get started with OpenPhone today!
Are you considering OpenPhone and have further questions? Send us a note to [email protected]. We'd love to help!