You're here, which means you probably have unwanted contacts. Don't worry, we all have those. Your time is precious, and we don’t want you to waste it answering unnecessary calls and messages.
Here's how to block a phone number from the mobile app:
- Launch the OpenPhone app.
- Go to the Inbox by pressing the “Home” icon at the bottom left.
- Select the message or call you received from the unwanted contact by swiping left.
- There, you’ll see two icons “Block” and “Done” . Select the “Block” icon.
- The conversation will disappear from your inbox and into the blocklist.
Here is a visual of how you can block directly from your inbox in the mobile app:
If you'd like to see the list of contacts who are blocked, access your blocklist. Just tap on the “Profile” icon in your account.
Through the blocklist you can easily add and remove phone numbers that can reach you.
In the web app, it's just as easy.
- Launch the web app
- Select the conversation or call history in your inbox.
- Click the block icon 🚫 at the top of the chat window.
- The conversation will disappear from your inbox.
To unblock, go to your settings in the web app. You can unblock from there.
There you go. It’s everything you’ve ever wanted! Well, didn’t want... 🤷♀️
Do you have further questions? Email us at [email protected]. We're here to help and love hearing from you.
Don't have the app yet? Get it today!