Don't leave your customers hanging! When you are not available to answer calls, it's a great idea to send your customers straight to voicemail.
Here's how it works in OpenPhone:
- When you're Active, you receive all incoming calls and messages.
- When you turn on "Do Not Disturb", your calls go directly to voicemail.
- You still receive text messages like you normally would and you still receive notifications for missed calls without your phone ringing
- If you get voicemail, it will be transcribed and texted to you together with the audio file, as per usual.
Here's some things to note for teams and shared numbers:
- Both admins and members are able to modify and change their own Do-Not-Disturb settings.
- Do-Not-Disturb settings apply to individuals. This means, if an admin turns on do-not-disturb, it will not apply for other admins or members.
- Anyone turning on your Do-Not-Disturb will not affect the shared number overall, just the calls on your app.
Here's how to activate "Do-Not-Disturb":
1 - Launch your OpenPhone mobile app
2 - Select your icon at the top left corner
3 - Select ⚙ "Settings"
4 - Hit "Do Not Disturb"
5 - Select the length of time you'd like the feature to be active for:
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 8 hours
- 24 hours
When you're ready to receive calls, simply tap on "Do Not Disturb" again and tap "Turn Off".
Here is a visual of how this process looks:
Note: This function only works in the mobile app. If you don't want OpenPhone notifications in your web browser, you can simply close the window or change your permissions.
Want to set your business hours so you don't get calls when you're done working? Learn more here.
Enjoy OpenPhone and let us know if you have any questions!
PS - Don't have the app yet? Get it today and experience the power of OpenPhone for your business