You've registered your business phone number. Congratulations! 🎉
We are sure you can't wait to make your first business call. Let's make it as smooth as possible - here's how you do it:
1 - Launch the OpenPhone web app or the Mac app from your laptop or desktop computer
2 - In the inbox, there are 2 ways to make a call:
- Open a conversation with the person you'd like to contact and select the phone icon 📞 at the top.
- Use the keyboard shortcut "C" or select the dialer at the top of the page. A pop-up window will appear. Type in a phone number or search a name.
Here's a quick visual showing you the two different ways to make calls:
Using the dialer or pressing the keyboard shortcut "C"
Pressing the phone icon 📞 directly in a selected conversation
Note: If you're using headset or speakers, you can also select and switch audio settings during your call. Just select the "Settings" ⚙ option in the dallier
Bonus: The web app has other keyboard shortcuts as well!
- Press Up and Down keys to preview conversations without marking them as read. Then press Enter to reply
- N to start a new text message
- D to mark a conversation as Done
- U to mark a conversation as Unread
Now you can skip the back-and-forth of email and get right to the point with calling from the web or Mac app. That doesn't mean you shouldn't answer that important email though!
You can also record your calls on the web app at the touch of a button and save them to your computer for easy review of your business interactions. Click here to see how this feature works.
We're here to help and love hearing from you ❤️
PS - Don't have the app yet? Get it today and start making calls right away.