What is a shared phone number? A shared number allows multiple people to call and text from a single phone number.
Why is this important? You can team up on customer communications with your team. Delegate tasks and responsibility among your team members and stay on the same page easily.
How can I use shared numbers?
There are many ways a shared phone number can be useful for you:
- Support phone number
- Inbound sales number
- Main phone number for the company
- Separate number for VIP customers that's shared by the founders
- Being able to invite your assistant to your number to help respond to folks
- Shared number for your office buzzer 🛎
- Is there a use case you are excited about? Let us know
How does it work?
- When you get a call, the app rings for everyone. First person to pick up stops ringing for others. You can place concurrent calls so the number is never busy.
- All messages, voicemail and call history are synced so you know if a conversation was opened.
- Every message clearly shows the team member who sent it.
- You can see when a team member is typing in a conversation. There's nothing worse than having two people send a customer different messages.
- Your business address book is shared with everyone sharing the number so if someone adds the name of a customer, all team members will have it on OpenPhone right away.
What's the pricing like?
A shared phone number is $15/mo per member with access. Shared phone numbers are a part of the OpenPhone Teams plan and you can learn more about what's included in it on our Pricing page.
That's it! Ready to share your number with your team?