With a shared number, some functions and settings only work depending on your shared number access.
Admins and members both have different superpowers in the OpenPhone app.
- Business hours settings can only be changed by the admin(s) of the account.
- If a member tries to change the business hours, the change will not process
- When business hours are setup on a shared number, those hours apple to all the team members who share that number.
- If an individual team member is not scheduled to receive calls or texts during business hours, they can turn on the "Do-Not-Disturb" feature.
Why is it setup this way?
With shared numbers, you have more than 1 user answering calls and messages
- Having multiple users with the same access can get confusing if they were all able to change the business hours.
- With only admin access to business hours, one (or more admins) have control over when that phone number takes calls.
- This ensures consistency with the business hours among the whole team
Soon, we will have business hours for individual team members on shared numbers. That means team members can set it up so they only get calls within a certain time, IE. the day shift, while another team member takes calls in the afternoon.
Here's how it works:
1 - Open your OpenPhone app on your mobile device
2 - Select your account avatar in the top left corner
3 - Tap on the phone number you'd like to set business hours for
4 - Select "Business Hours"
5 - Tap "Set your hours" to set your hours
6 - Select your shared number's availability (Mon - Fri and Sat - Sun)
Bonus: Record your own After hours voicemail to have a separate greeting for people who call outside of your business hours (tip: mention when people can expect to hear from you)
Here is a visual of how this all looks on the iOS mobile app:
Ready to start using OpenPhone and make your business phone work better for you?