Tired of typing the same response over and over again? Or are you copying and pasting text from one conversation to the next? Then you should use snippets!
Using snippets (also known as canned responses, saved replies, message templates, etc) can improve your workflow and free up your time to focus on other projects. Snippets are used for any commonly texted messages and can supercharge your sales, customer support, operations, or marketing team.
In this article, you'll learn how to create, share, and use snippets.
Note: Snippets are currently offered in the web, Mac, and iOS app.
How to Create and Share Snippets on the web, Mac, or iOS app:
1. Log into your account on either the web, Mac, or iOS app.
2. Type "/snippets into the message box. Then press enter.
3. You will be prompted to either insert a snippet or create a new snippet. To create a snippet, click "+ Create snippet".
4. Input the name of the snippet as well as the message you want to send.
5. Click "Share" to share your snippet to users or other numbers on your account.
6. Once completed, click "Save" and your snippet is ready to use.
How to Use Snippets:
Log into your account on either the web, Mac, or iOS app.
Type "/" in the message box to access "/snippets" (or other hidden commands).
Select the respective snippet that you'd like to use. You can also quickly search for specific snippets by typing into the search bar.
Once selected, your message should be populated in the message box. From here, you can tailor your message and send.
Need some examples of how other teams use snippets? Check out these 25 Business Text Message Templates.
Want to send messages faster? Start using OpenPhone today.