Need to call or message contacts outside of the US or Canada? Well now you can!
Enabling international calling and messaging:
To enable international calling and messaging on your account, the account owner or admin must go into the account settings (using the web or Mac app):
1. On the left side panel, click on "Settings".
2. Under "Workspace", click on "Phone Numbers".
3. Click the specific phone number that you'd like to update.
4. Under the "General" section, scroll down to "International calling and messaging".
5. Toggle the switch to enable international calling messaging on the selected phone number.
Please keep in mind that each country has different rates for calling and messaging. For more information, please check out our international calling/messaging rates pricing page.
Calls and texts to international numbers will be deducted from the credits on your account on a per-usage basis.
Note: Owners and admins users of the workspace can add credits to the account. If you're a member, please ask your admin or owner of the organization to add credits.
How to add credit to cover international calling and messaging
1. On the left side panel, click "Settings".
2. Under "Workspace", click "Billing & credits".
3. From the billing page, scroll down and click "Buy Credits" to purchase credits to cover international calls and texts.
Want to never run out of credits? Set up an auto-charge to automatically refill your credits when they drop below $0.
Voila! You're now ready to make an international call or text!
Note: International credits are not available for OpenPhone accounts using their billing information from the iOS App Store. To add credits, you'll need to first switch your billing to credit or debit card.
Have questions about your international calling or texting? Send us a note to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist!